Abstract submission is closed since 12th May 2022
The presentation of innovative oncology pharmacy research is the cornerstone of the ECOP5 Conference, offering the opportunity to share important findings, showcase recent advances and updates in oncology pharmacy practice and to encourage collaboration and information sharing within the profession.
With the submission of an abstract to ECOP5, the first author (presenting author):
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Identifies any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This information is to be forwarded to the Scientific Committee together with the abstract.
- States that, for studies involving human or animal subjects, permission has been obtained from the relevant regulatory authority and properly informed consent given where appropriate.
- Identifies, obtains and discloses any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract for all abstract authors. This includes stock ownership, membership on an advisory board or board of directors, corporate-sponsored research and other substantive relationships.
- Releases the copyright on behalf of all authors to ESOP and gives permission for the abstract, when selected for presentation, to be published in an issue of the European Journal of Oncology Pharmacy, as well as on the ECOP5 website. The copyright of the abstract remains with the author(s).
Submitted abstracts cannot be withdrawn after 12 May 2022.
In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
- The abstract must be submitted in good English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts, which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- No more than 10 authors can be listed. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- Abstracts should be organised under the headings:
- Material and method
- Results and discussion
- The abstract submission system will not accept abstracts that exceed 2600 characters (including body of the abstract, spaces and one table).
- Only one data table is permitted in the body of the abstract. Illustrations and figures are not allowed and will be deleted if submitted.
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use. Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
- Supplementary data or appendices will not be accepted.
- Figures or photographs are not allowed. Symbols and structures of drugs are allowed and should be drawn in black.
Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the ECOP5 Conference Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance.
For questions regarding the online submission process please contact: Lena Becker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Abstract Selection Process
The Scientific Committee will make the selection of abstracts for oral, poster spotlight or poster presentations from 25th April 2022. Mid of May 2022, the first author (presenter) will receive an e-mail with the result of the review and the Scientific Committee’s decision on the submitted abstract. The abstracts, which will be submitted after 25th April will be reviewed from 13th May.
If a selected author cannot attend, the presenting author should assign a replacement. Possibility of replacement until 28th June 2022.
The following presentation formats are applicable for ECOP 5:
- Oral Communications: the abstract is selected for oral communications in a main programme symposium on Saturday, 2nd July 2022 08:30-10:00 am.
- Poster in the Spotlight: abstracts that have been selected for presentation in a Poster Spotlight Session. The Poster Spotlight will be presented on Thursday, 30 June 2022 from 13:00-13:45.
- Poster: abstracts that have been selected for presentation in poster format. Posters are grouped by topic and will be displayed in the Poster Sessions. A formal Poster Defence Session will be scheduled, when presenting authors are requested to be present at their posters.
Please note that if the abstract is accepted for oral or poster presentation, the abstract will only be published in the Proceedings Book if one of the authors is a registered participant and full payment has been received by the advised deadline.
Abstract Submission procedure
Abstracts must be submitted online, until 12th May 2022
- When finished with the online submission, please click the “SEND” button for the final submission of the abstract. As a confirmation of your submission, a message will appear on the screen informing that the abstract has been successfully submitted to our database.
- If you have not sent your abstract by the deadline of 12th May 2022 your abstract can not be accepted.
- Within 48 hours of submission, only the presenting author will receive a confirmation by e-mail. This confirmation of abstract submission does not mean your abstract has been selected for presentation.
- If you do not receive any confirmation, please contact Lena Becker ( email@example.com) within one week following the submission of the abstract.
- Submitting an abstract for ECOP5 does not constitute registration for the conference. Abstract presenters must register to attend ECOP5 by following the instructions for registration on the website.
Only abstracts submitted online can be accepted. Abstracts submitted on paper or by e-mail attachment will not be considered.
Every poster will be on display in the dedicated poster area for the entire duration of the conference and during all poster sessions.
Poster presenters may mount their poster on Thursday, 30th June from 08:30. Your poster should be mounted in the Foyer Z (3rd Floor) of the congress centre. For assistance, please check with the ECOP 5 staff onsite.
Poster should be removed on Saturday, 2nd July between 14:30-17:00. Please note that all remaining posters will be removed by the organisers and cannot be reclaimed.
The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90cm width and 230cm height. Materials to fix the poster to the poster boards will be available onsite. The poster boards measure 100cm width x 250cm height.
Presenting authors are kindly requested to be present near their poster for poster defenceduring coffee breaks.
The abstracts and the number for of the posters in the program will be published here https://ecop.events/poster-abstracts/ on 28th June at the latest.